Quick, easy and delicious, pancakes are a popular Passover breakfast for many. The batter for these banana pancakes contains just 3 ingredients and no added sugar. With eggs providing a source of protein and bananas bringing electrolyte potassium, fibre and slow-release carbs, these pancakes are also pretty nutritious and will fill you up for hours! The best thing about them? They take literally seconds to make.
- 2 Over-ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Matzah Meal (if required)
- Butter/Oil/Spray Oil for frying
- Mash bananas in a bowl
- Whisk 2 eggs and mix into the bananas
- If batter is too thin, add a little matza meal until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, add more banana.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat, and add a little butter, oil or spray oil.
- Ladle batter into the pan, and cook for around 30-60 seconds, until the bottom of the pancake comes away easily from the base of the pan.
- Carefully flip the pancake to the other side, and cook for a further 30-60 seconds.
- Remove from pan and serve with toppings of your choice.
A few of our favourite serving suggestions:
- Fruit and yoghurt drizzled with honey
- Chocolate spread and sliced bananas
- Sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice