- 250g (1 cup + 1 tablespoon) very cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 160g (1 ¼ cups) icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 225g (1 ¾ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 100g (¾ cup) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 170℃ (340℉).
Grease the sides and bottom of a 24cm (9 ½ -inch) loose-bottomed tart tin, line the bottom of the tin with baking paper and grease the paper, set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, process together all the ingredients, just until the mixture starts clumping together.
Press the dough into the tin, use the back of a spoon or a larger tin to even out the mixture. Refrigerate for 20-minutes until very cold.
Using a 6cm (2 ½ – inch) round cookie cutter, cut out the center of the dough, discard the round and place the cutter back in the center. Using a sharp knife score the dough into 16 wedges, use a skewer to prick it all over.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely before serving.