Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 1 hour
This beautifully fresh and citrusy tuna recipe with zingy lemon gremolata is perfect for summer afternoons and al fresco dining.
This healthy, wholesome dish is ideal for the nine days or perhaps a relaxed Shavuot lunch with friends.
This recipe was featured as part of our recent ‘Flavours of Italy’ collaboration with Valour Lifestyle (@valour_lifestyle), alongside our Meat-free Lasagne al Forno and a super easy no-bake Tiramisu (the most deliciously indulgent dairy treat to finish off your meal in style!)
Valour Lifestyle is a fashion and lifestyle magazine aimed at Orthodox Jewish women and available worldwide.
- 2 good quality Tuna Steaks
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh Coriander
- Zest, 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 cloves Garlic in skins
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 16-20 New Potatoes
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Place your new potatoes in an oven-proof roasting pan with 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, salt and pepper, and roast on 200°C / 180°C fan (Gas Mark 6 / 400°F) for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and tender. Flatten with the edge of a fork, and, if desired, cook for a further 10-15 minutes for extra crispiness.
- To make the gremolata, add the parsley, coriander, half of the lemon juice, lemon zest, crushed garlic clove, 2 tbsp good quality EVOO and a few twists of salt and pepper to a blender and pulse until a rough pesto-like paste is formed. For a looser consistency, add a little extra oil. If you do not have a blender, very finely chop your herbs, and mix all ingredients in a cup or bowl.Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle pan on high, until the pan is very hot. Rub a little olive oil over both sides of each tuna steak and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the tuna to the searing hot pan or griddle and allow to cook for between 90 seconds to 2 minutes. You should see the tuna cooking through and turning brown on one side. When cooked to the desired level, turn and cook on the other side for a further 90s – 2 min. Once cooked to taste, remove from pan, drizzle with a little EVOO and squeeze with a little lemon juice for freshness.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and plate the tuna and potatoes dressed with the lemon gremolata. Pairs well with a crisp green salad.
(Image Credit: Chaya Masteran Photography)