Serves 2-6 as a main or a side
Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
Budget-friendly and supremely healthy, this vegetarian cauliflower rice dish is a great way of mopping up leftover veg and creating a hearty, low carb main or side dish packed with flavour. This veggie fried cauli rice is quick and easy to prepare, and a variable as you like. If you have ingredients you like to hand, they can be chopped up, fried and thrown in. Below we’ve included some of our favourite ingredients and perhaps some less predictable seasonings – but again, if you have a spice you particularly like, feel free to swap out and experiment. A great alternative to potatoes, it’s also one of our favourite kitniyot-free options at Passover.
- 1 Cauliflower, grated
- Onion, diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Courgette, diced
- 6 Mushrooms, diced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp Oil
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon (optional)
- Handful fresh Tarragon, finely chopped (optional)
- Small piece of ginger, grated (optional)
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat and stir-fry the onion and all the vegetables except the cauliflower, until desired softness is reached.
- Add in the garlic and seasonings, stir and cook for 30-60 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the cauliflower, stirring regularly, and heat through for 2-3 minutes, but do not allow to soften too much.
- Remove from heat and serve.