Serves 8-10 as a starter or side
Prep time 10-15 mins | Cook time 30-40 mins
A celebration of the harvest, corn on the cob is a humble and often overlooked vegetable option. These corn ribs make a great side or main for vegan or vegetarian guests and are easy to pack full of flavour with a combination of herbs and spices.
Easier to eat than a while cob, these corn ribs require a little extra careful preparation, but are fun and delicious, especially paired with latin flavours as a side for tacos, chilli or our Honey and Lime Chicken.
- 4 large ears of Corn on the Cob
- 3-4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Tajin seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut corn lengthways into quarters – this is easiest from the top; you will need a very good knife, but take care as the corn can slip. You may wish to halve the corns across the width and cut each ear into eighths for smaller portions and to make it easier to control when cutting.
- Mix together all the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C fan (Gas Mark 6 / 400°F).
- Coat corn pieces in the mixture and place in a tray – trying to keep it to one level as much as possible.
- Cook for 20 mins and turn. Continue to cook until charred to taste.
Delicious served hot or cold, as a starter, side or as a vegetarian/vegan main.