Makes 14 wings
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 50 mins – 1 hour
With barely any work, and a handful of larder staples, you can transform chicken wings into these succulent little flavour bombs. Best of all, they are Kosher for Passover, and make a great, cost-effective starter or main course option. This seasoning works well on chicken of all kinds, so there’s no need to get in a flap if wings aren’t your thing – try making tender marinated breast fillets or even roasting a whole chicken glazed with these ingredients.
- 14 Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- Chopped spring onions to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC Fan/400ºF)
- Mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, honey and lime juice.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken wings and place in a single layer in a large, deep-sided oven dish. If desired, leave to marinate for an even fuller flavour.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, then turn and baste with the glaze.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, then baste again, and return wings to the oven.
- Roast for a further 10-20 minutes until wings are cooked through and the skin has browned. Avoid letting the wings dry out.
- Plate and serve topped with chopped spring onions.
Love wings? During the rest of the year, or Rosh Hashana, why not try our Sticky Date and Pomegranate Chicken Wings.