Prep time 5-15 minutes | Cook time 5 minutes.
Pesach snack? Sorted.
These delicious Loaded Matzah Nachos are a speedy crowd-pleaser. Easy, fun and tasty, these are a great Passover treat, and can be whipped up in minutes. Try topped with Guacamole (recipe below) or BBQ mushrooms and our Mango, Lime & Chilli Salsa.
- 4 Matzah boards, broken into large, nacho-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Chilli Powder (optional)
- 1-2 cups Grated Cheese
For the guacamole:
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of 1/2 – 1 Lime
- Chopped Corriander (optional)
- Red Onion, finely diced
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC Fan/400ºF)
- Into a bowl, mix oil, paprika, garlic powder and chilli powder.
- Add in pieces of matzah, and carefully coat on all sides.
- Line a tray with baking parchment, and spread matzah pieces out.
- Put in oven and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado, finely chopped onion, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Separate the ‘nachos’ into two halves, leaving half on the tray and spread out a little into a single, closely-packed layer.
- Top with half the cheese, then add the remaining nachos, and finally the rest of the cheese.
- Put back in the oven for a further 2-3 minutes, then serve loaded with guacamole and other toppings of your choice.