Serves 8-10 | Prep time: 5 Minutes
Full medames, sometimes known simply as fūl, is a simple stew of fava beans (broad beans) from Egypt, variants of which spring up across the middle east. Our adaptation swaps out the fava beans for cannellini beans for a quick and easy topping to pair with our Easy Tinned Chickpea Hummus, but you can use whichever beans you prefer.
Great served hot or cold, this delicious recipe refrigerates well and keeps for up to 3 days.
Why not wow your guests by serving hummus topped in a variety of ways? We have created quick and simple toppings for both meat eaters and vegans, and they create a stunning display when served side-by-side. See below for links to our amazing collection of hummus toppings.
- 1 portion Easy Tinned Chickpea Hummus
- 1 400g tin of Cannellini Beans (or other bean of your preference)
- 1/2 Onion, diced and lightly salted
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 50ml Water
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- Add oil to pan over a medium light.
- Add onions and saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions become translucent.
- Add sliced garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook for a further minute.
- Add tinned beans and water, cook down for 2-3 minutes and then add lemon juice and zest.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the desired consistency is reached, and then serve generously heaped on top of homemade hummus.
- Garnish with paprika and freshly chopped parsley.
Check out our other great hummus toppings:
The Basaar of Hummus im Basaar