Serves 8-10 | Prep time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Hummus with hot mushrooms piled generously on top is a thing of beauty. If you have never tried this combo, you are surely missing out. The great news is that this recipe takes less than 10 minutes to whip up, and paired with our Easy Tinned Chickpea Hummus is both delicious and nutritious. Best of all, it’s 100% plant based, so it’s perfect for vegan guests or a dairy/parev meal.
Great served hot or cold, this delicious recipe keeps well in a fridge for up to 2 days, though it’s so delicious that we doubt it will last more than a few minutes!
We have created several quick and simple toppings for meat eaters, veggies and vegans, which form a stunning array of beautiful dishes when served side-by-side. Links to our collection of hummus toppings can be found below.
- 1 portion Easy Tinned Chickpea Hummus
- 1 cup Mushrooms, roughly chopped or quartered
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Add oil to pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add onions and salt and fry for 1 minute, stirring regularly.
- Add crushed garlic and fry for 30 seconds, then add mushrooms, turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Fry for a further 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and brown.
- Spoon hot mushrooms on top of homemade hummus.
- Top with parsley and a squeeze of lemon for freshness.