- 350g fresh, frozen or canned cherries
- 85ml (one-third of a cup) water
- 65g (one-third if a cup) granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 250ml (one cup) dry red wine
- 85ml (one-third of a cup) cream (any of your choosing)
- 85ml (one-third of a cup) sour cream
Put pitted cherries, water, sugar, cinnamon and wine in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine cream and sour cream and mix until smooth. Add to the soup. Place in the fridge and allow to cool completely before serving.
Serve soup in pre-chilled small drinking glasses.